Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gods and Their Symbols

Most, if not all gods, were represented as an animal of some sort. There's a list below.   Some gods are represented as multiple animals but these are the most common representations.
                                                       

Horus:            Falcon                      Set:            Donkey

Thoth:            Baboon                     Geb:         Goose
Anubis:           Jackal                       

Isis:               Swallow

Nephyths:     Swallow

Bastet:          Cat

Nut:             Sow

2 comments:

  1. I learned a lot from this post. I never knew they thought of animals more higher than we do. Also I like the chart so you can see which God is which animal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the chart was a really cool thing. I learned a lot from this post.

    ReplyDelete